Terms and Conditions
Sunnydays (“we”, “our”) provides customers (“you”, “your”) with an easy way to browse and find a dog walker, pet minder, pet taxi or pet carer (the “service”) in merseyside. However, before you enter the Sunnydays site (the “site”) or use our service, you must carefully review the Terms and Conditions set out below (the “terms”).
These terms may be changed or updated at any time. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that information on the site is correct and updated, we do not warrant its accuracy and completeness. We may make changes to terms and conditions and rates of Sunnydays on this site at any time without notice. You should take appropriate steps to verify any information before acting on it.
By entering and using the site, you indicate that you accept these terms and that you agree to be bound by them. Your use of the site and its services is entirely subject to your compliance with these terms. If you do not agree with these terms, do not access the site or use the service.
The Pet Owner is to make full disclosure of any quality or characteristic problems which might make your dog not suitable for walking or home boarding including behavioural or health problems, antisocial behaviour including aggression, incontinence or lack of house training, excessive loud barking or whining. Failure on the part of the owner to disclose any matter which might render owner’s dog unsuitable for walking or home boarding will be deemed a material omission amounting to a fundamental breach of our agreement.
We make every effort to contact the owner in the event of an emergency. We recommend owners provide us with a contact number of a trusted third party should we be unable to make contact. However, I reserve the right to make decisions regarding your dog’s health provided it is at all times acting in the best interests of the dog and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon. Owner is responsible for payment of any veterinary fees incurred by Sunnydays.
Terms & conditions general
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted Sunnydays terms and conditions (as laid out here) on signature of the contract.
2. Sunnydays will not confirm any booking until a consultation has been carried out with the client and the contract, with full details of client requirements, has been signed by the client.
3. Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice or, by the date specified on the invoice (for dog walking clients) via cash, cheque or bank transfer. If payment is not made within this time 2.5% of the total bill will be added for each day that payment is overdue.
4. The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client’s absence. (i.e., food, medication, leads, tags, collars, cat litter etc). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Sunnydays, these will be purchased and added to the bill.
5. If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete an assignment charges will be applied for each trip.
6. The client must provide Sunnydays with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available Sunnydays reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal.
7. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Sunnydays
8. Sunnydays must be alerted to any behavioural problems with their pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract.
9. Although Sunnydays holds Public Liability insurance, wherever possible pets should be insured by the client. Sunnydays reserves the right to refuse a booking for any animal which is not insured.
10. Sunnydays will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Sunnydays cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
11. For Flea Situations Involving a Clients Dog:
Clients acknowledge and agree that, to the extent any situation arises where the Clients Dog introduces fleas into a Our home, the Client will be billed for any amount to reimburse costs incurred attendant thereto. These costs may include, but are not limited to, costs associated with treating any resident animals and/or home for fleas or flea prevention. It is the responsibility of all Clients to disclose any knowledge of flea issues associated with their pets to Sunnydays before any Service is rendered.
Dog walking terms & conditions
1. Dog walking will consist of an hour of exercise either on or off lead as agreed with you. In the case of extreme weather conditions, e.g. heavy rain or snow; pet injury/illness; or on client request; the dog will be given a shorter walk and the rest of the visit will be spent inside with client-approved activities.
2. Flying visits will be for 30 minutes and will allow the dog time outside to relieve him/herself. Again, the remainder of the visit will be spent inside with client-approved activities.
3. For day care and home boarding, we can only accept well behaved dogs that are house trained. In addition, please note that unfortunately we cannot accept male dogs that have not been neutered, or female dogs in season.
4. Cancellations – for cancellations of walks for a period of 1 week or more one months notice is required. For cancellations of 1 or 2 days walks a weeks notice is required. If the required notice is not given charges will be applied in full for the cancelled period.
5. All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
6. All dogs being walked will undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised.
7. Sunnydays reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs.
8. If dogs require a quick towelling off after walks towels must be provided and left by the front door.
9. There is always an hour window of time allowed to pick up and drop off your dog – i.e., a 10am pick up can mean a 9am or 11am pick up.
10. We will not feed deep chested dogs in the hour presiding or after a walk because of the risk to your dog of gastric torsion.
11. 10% Discount only applies to first appointment
12. We will normally collect a key to your property during your initial consultation. If a key is not available at this time a charge of £5 will be charged to cover fuel and wear and tear on our vehicle for the additional journey required.
1) We agree to provide our services in a reliable, caring and trustworthy manner.
2) We can accept no responsibility for security of the premises, or loss, if other individuals have access to the home on days arranged for us to visit.
3) We will not let your dog(s) off his/her lead unless your consent has been given on the disclaimer form.
4) We will not be responsible for any damage incurred by your dog(s) escaping because of a faulty lead/collar, or a collar that is not properly fitting.
5) We will not be held responsible for any damage to your property, or that of others, caused by your dog(s) during the period in which they are in our care.
6) We agree to love and care for your dog(s) whilst you are absent.
1) I agree to provide keys/arrange for keys to be available for Sunnydays for the dog walking/flying visit appointment.
2) I authorise Sunnydays to obtain any emergency veterinary care that may be necessary during the time spent with my dog(s). I understand that every effort will be made to contact me prior to obtaining emergency care. I accept responsibility for any charges related to this emergency care. I also authorise Sunnydays to use an alternative veterinarian if my regular veterinarian is unavailable.
3) I agree to reimburse Sunnydays for any additional fees for providing emergency care, as well as any expenses incurred for unexpected visits, transportation, housing, food, or supplies.
4) I, the pet owner will be responsible for any medical expenses and damages resulting from an injury to the dog walker or other persons by my dog(s). I, the pet owner agree to indemnify and hold harmless Sunnydays in the event of a claim by any person injured by my dog(s).
5) I agree to notify Sunnydays of any concerns/complaints within 24 hours of any appointments.
6) I realise I must give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice to cancel any appointments or the full amount will be collected.
Terms and Conditions – Pet Boarding
1. To secure your booking we require a 50% non-refundable deposit. Should the dog’s stay be cancelled less than 10 days prior to admission, full payment will be due.
2. Sunnydays takes great pride in the care of any animal in their charge, however, they cannot be held responsible for any loss, accident, injury or death caused to any animal whilst in their care.
3. All dogs are to have up to date inoculations (including kennel cough), be de-flead and wormed prior to admittance.
4. Although every care is taken to prevent contact with dogs with kennel cough, the incubation period means that it is always possible your dog may pick this up and we cannot be held liable for your dog contacting kennel cough. We strongly advise you discuss kennel cough vaccination with your vet.
5. We will not walk dogs who wear choke chains or electric collars nor can we administer negative punishment (smacking or jerking collars or any method which may cause the dog pain or distress).negative punishment (smacking or jerking collars or any method which may cause the dog pain or distress).
(Walking) You may cancel your booked slot and provided you give us 24 hours notice minimum then you will be charged a retainer fee which is 50% of the booked slot/walk, May we remind customers that if a walk is cancelled within the 24 hour period of your next or booked slot then you will be fully charged.
(Boarding) We require a minimum of 4 days notice to cancel. Failure to do so will result in 25% of the full stay payable, and your deposit is non-refundable.
Flexibility is required
Your booked time is estimated only and whilst we make every effort to arrive at the time given, depending on road conditions and unforeseen circumstances please allow up to 60 minutes after your booked time slot for The-Dogwalker to attend, in adverse weather conditions (i.e. Snow & Ice) please understand that we are still open and may be slightly delayed, if however we are more than two hours overdue then your Dogwalker will refund 50% of the walk, Please note that your time starts from when your Dogwalker arrives at your property, also the more requests of things you need your Dogwalker to do will take extra time out of your booked walk.
(Walking) Charges are as advertised on our rates page, please visit the payment rates section on our website to view them fully, please be aware that our rates are very competitive and are not negotiable.
(Boarding) Charges are per day (not night) this applies from when your dog arrives to when your dog leaves for example from Saturday to Saturday will count as an eight day stay.
Keys and paperwork
House keys will be securely stored and attached to a novelty key ring which I can distinguish but will not relate to anything on the booking paperwork. Paperwork relating to your dog is kept separate and secure away from keys. No personal details will be forwarded or passed on to any third party. If you prefer I can collect keys from a neighbour.
Although every care is taken to prevent contact with dogs with kennel cough, the incubation period means that it is always possible your dog may pick this up and we cannot be held liable for your dog contacting kennel cough. We strongly advise you discuss kennel cough vaccination with your vet.
We will not walk dogs who wear choke chains or electric collars nor can we administer negative punishment (smacking or jerking collars or any method which may cause the dog pain or distress).
We aim to give you six weeks’ notice at least, of our holidays.
Should I not be able to fulfil a walk or visit myself, I will refund for that/those walks or visits.
We are always happy to visit you to see if our services may be right for you
Rabbit boarding terms and conditions
Payment: A £10.00 deposit per pet is required to be paid upon booking; we reserve the right at any time to cancel a booking if a deposit is not paid prior to check-in. Bookings totalling £150.00 or more will require a deposit of fifty percent at time of booking. Please ensure boarding costs are paid in full when dropping your pet(s) off or if using our taxi service, upon collection by Sunnydays of your pet from your home. We accept cheque , bank transfer or cash payments. There is a five-day minimum booking charge. All deposits are non-refundable should you decide to cancel for any reason.
Bank Holidays: Pet(s) boarding with us over these periods must be checked-in or collected prior/post to these specific dates. Bank Holidays and festive dates (excluding Christmas Eve) will be charged at double daily rates.
Check in and Collection: Check-in, and collection of pets are by APPOINTMENT ONLY, please telephone to arrange a mutually convenient time prior to checking your pet(s) in for boarding. Upon check in we require a boarding contract to be signed. Should owners decide to collect pet(s) before the stated collection date boarding fees are non-refundable.
Cancellation: Cancellation of bookings within two weeks of the check-in date will incur full boarding costs.
Non-collection: We reserve the right to find alternative accommodation (in the form of an animal shelter) for pet(s) not collected within 14 days of the stated departure date if there is no communication from the owner/guardian and efforts to contact the owner/guardian fail.
Food: Please ensure you supply us with your pet’s daily dry mix upon arrival, sufficient for your rabbit or guinea pig’s stay.
Shared Hutches: Rabbits and /or guinea pigs sharing a hutch, which begin displaying signs of aggression and/or sexual harassment toward each other, may be separated at our discretion for the safety, health and well being of the animals. Should we feel the need to separate pets sharing a hutch, a relevant charge for extra boarding accommodation will be levied.
Un-neutered Pets: We do not board pregnant animals. Any doe or sow boarding with us, who gives birth to a litter while in our care, will remain with the litter under our supervision, until the kits or piglets are weaned for the security of the mother and the survival of the litter. The owner will incur a relevant charge(s) for extra costs of boarding.
Vaccinations: We do not accept rabbits for boarding unless they are fully vaccinated against Myxomatosis and Viral Haemorrhagic Disease (VHD). We require proof of vaccinations in the form of valid and up-to-date certificate(s), which must be produced at the time of booking and/or boarding. If you do not provide proof of vaccinations we reserve the right to cancel your booking at any time. We require a period of four weeks to lapse between a rabbit’s first vaccination/s and check-in for boarding to take account of a possible allergic reaction to the drugs. Guinea pigs do not require any specific vaccinations.
Illness and Medication: At the time of boarding with us, if your pet(s) is under veterinary care and receiving medication for non-contagious medical condition/s, we are happy to assist in your pet’s medical programme by administering prescribed drugs and/or injections on your behalf free of charge. Please ensure you provide sufficient medication for the duration of your pet(s) stay with us. The health and wellbeing of each pet boarded at Sunnydays is extremely important to us, and for the care, concern and health of pet(s) boarding at our establishment, we reserve the right at all times to refuse for boarding any animal exhibiting signs of injury and/or ill health NOT in receipt of veterinary treatment. We also reserve the right not to accept animals with contagious diseases.
Illness, Emergencies and Veterinary Fees: Under any circumstances should your pet(s), at any time of night or day require emergency medical treatment or veterinary assistance for any health condition existing prior to boarding or occurring during their stay at Sunnydays will ensure your pet(s) receives immediate veterinary attention. Vet fees, which accrue and remain outstanding upon collection of pet(s) are entirely the responsibility of the owner.
Death: Whilst every possible attention is given to your pet(s) health, safety and welfare, in the event of a death occurring we will, in accordance with your wishes, if stated verbally or written contact you to make suitable arrangements. If we are unsuccessful in contacting you, we will act at our discretion. Boarding fees are non-refundable in the event of death of a pet(s). Please note all pets boarding at Sunnydays are left completely at the owners risk and Sunnydays accept no responsibility whatsoever should your pet(s) become ill or a death occur.
We cannot be held responsible for fleas/mites as these can be present in hay and bedding supplies. We do our utmost to prevent any such problems.